After seeing Angie’s recipe for roasted Brussels sprouts with paprika last week, we couldn’t wait to make our own, because they looked and sounded delicious!
We love Brussels sprouts (especially Jason) and we want to try to prepare them in different ways and not just in the way you eat them normally. The Brussels sprouts in this recipe take no time to prepare and then it is only to put them in the oven for 15 mins.
We ate our Brussels sprouts with breaded quorn and a tomato salsa. These would also work with a roast dinner (instead of boiled or steamed sprouts), but a recipe for breaded tofu (just replace the tofu with quorn fillets) and the salsa we made is available here.
Ingredients Serves 4
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 600 g Brussels sprouts
- 1 tsp gochugaru (or chili powder)
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs sunflower oil
- salt and pepper
- Wash and drain the Brussels sprouts.
- Trim the Brussels sprouts.
- Cut them into quarters and put them in a freezer or sandwich bag.
- Add the oil and spices and mix well.
- Add the salt and pepper to suit taste and mix again.
- Put some baking paper in an oven-proof tray.
- Spread the Brussels sprouts evenly on the tray.
- Roast the in the oven for 15-20 mins, until golden.