These scones are perfect as a part of a nice brunch or just something to eat for breakfast. They are very quick to make and you can use different types of flour. Today I used whole wheat flour and graham flour. Swedes like to eat their scones with butter, jam or cheese, but you can eat them however you want 🙂 Continue reading
Today I went for an early morning powerwalk. I made myself a juice before going out.
I always need something before any physical exercise. If it is a low intensity exercise I don’t need too much, but If I was going for a run in the morning I always need to eat something before.
It was very windy out today and as I was walking across the big bridge (Älvsborgsbron) here in Gothenburg it was extremely windy. However, I had a nice, winter view of the water 🙂
Then I came home and made myself some delicious banana pancakes. They are so easy to make and a healthy, gluten-free option for anyone who loves pancakes.
1 ripe banana
I used raspberry quark, blueberries and walnuts on my pancakes and it was delicious!
A very good way to start my Saturday 🙂
Have a nice weekend everyone.
Granola is so easy to make and then you have a really crunchy, delicious afternoon/evening/morning snack. We usually eat our granola with milk, yoghurt or quark. You can add any extra fruit and berries that you like, that will only make the bowl of granola even more delicious. What you put in your granola is also entirely up to you. You can mix all sorts of nuts, seeds and oats.
Ingredients Serves 12-15 portions
Cooking time: 1 h 15 min
- 300 g rolled oats
- 150 g spelt wheat (contains gluten so leave out if you are gluten intolerant)
- 100 g buckwheat flakes
- 40 g pumpkin seeds (or other seeds)
- 50 g coconut flakes
- 60 g cashew nuts
- 60 g walnuts
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 170 ml liquid/clear honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Set oven to 120°C
- Put all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Use a pestle and mortar to crush the nuts into smaller pieces or chop them, and add them to the bowl.
- Add the honey and the olive oil and stir until everything is mixed together.
- Take an oven tray and spread the mix evenly on some baking paper.
- Roast the granola for 15 min in the oven.
- Take it out and stir the mix to make sure it is roasted evenly.
- Put it back in to roast for another 20 min.
- Take it out again and stir again. Let it roast for another 20 min.
- Take it out and let the granola cool down completely on the tray.
- Pour the granola into a tin or glass jar.