This salad is super fresh, super easy to make and perfect for the summer. It has very few ingredients and it is also perfect to eat together with tofu, grilled vegetables or halloumi.
Ingredients Serves 4
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 1 pomegranate
- 60 g red cabbage
- half a red onion
- 10 mini vine tomatoes
- handful of rocket salad
- 200 g pasta (we used fusili)
- crema di balsamico
- salt and pepper
- Cut the tomatoes in half. Put them in a big bowl.
- Chop the rocket salad roughly.
- Add it to the bowl.
- Finely slice the red onion and the red cabbage.
- Add the slices to the bowl.
- Cut the pomegranate in half.
- Loosen the berries by twisting and squeezing the pomegranate half a little.
- Put the inside of the pomegranate in your palm.
- Hold it over a large bowl.
- Use a wooden spoon to whack the berries out of the pomegranate.
- Mix the berries with the rest of the salad.
- Boil your pasta. If you are making your own pasta, follow the steps here. This will add to the cooking time.
- Drain your pasta.
- Rinse it with cold water and add it to the salad bowl. The pasta should be a slightly warm but not hot.
- Mix everything together.
- Put some salad in a bowl and add some crema di balsamico on top with some salt and pepper.