The perfect snack if you are gluten intolerant and need a healthy snack to eat before, during or after training. They contain a lot of energy and they can be adapted after what you like. You can use the nuts, seeds and dried fruits that are your favourites.
Ingredients Serves 10 bars
Cooking time: 40 mins
- 375 ml of different types of nuts and seeds (we used sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, almonds and cashews)
- 80 ml puffed cereal (we used quinoa puffs and rice puffs)
- 125 ml dried fruit (we used sultanas and cranberries)
- 80 ml rice syrup (you can also use corn syrup)
- pinch of sea salt (optional)
- Set oven to 160°C
- Mix the nuts and seeds.
- Chop the dried fruits.
- Mix the nuts and seeds with the cereal and chopped fruit.
- Add the rice syrup and sea salt.
- Stir the mixture until everything is mixed.
- Place the mixture on a small baking tray that you have lined with baking paper.
- Put some cling film on top of the mix and spread it out (this stops it sticking to your hands).
- Flatten the mixture as much as possible and compact it in the pan.
- Remove the cling film.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins.
- Let the bars cool on a cooling rack for 20 mins.
- Transfer the bars to a cutting board and cut into 10 bars. Let them cool completely.