This is a super easy, super quick recipe for a delicious dinner. You can easily adapt this recipe, and if you want to make it even nicer, but less healthy, double the cheese so it oozes out when you eat it.
We were inspired by thinking about the Mexican food we ate in Korea two years ago, and found this Jamie Oliver recipe that we have adapted a little.
The guacamole in this recipe is more like a fresh avocado salsa. For a slightly more creamy guacamole, see our recipe here.
Ingredients Serves 4
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 2 avocados
- 1 chili
- half a lemon
- 6 spring onions
- fresh coriander
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 150 g grated cheese (cheddar or other mature cheese)
- 8 medium tortillas
- salt and pepper
- sour cream
- Half the chili and remove the seeds.
- Cut the tomatoes and remove the seeds.
- Put the avocados, tomatoes, half the chili, a handful of coriander, half the spring onions and the juice of the lemon into a food processor.
- Blend until everything is mixed, and season with salt and pepper to suit tastes.
- Finely chop the other half of the chili, a handful of coriander, the red pepper and the spring onions.
- Put them in a bowl and mix with the grated cheese.
- Spread one quarter of the mix evenly onto a tortilla and place another tortilla on top.
- Place the tortillas in a frying pan without any oil.
- Fry on each side until slightly brown and the cheese has melted.
- Cut them into 2 pieces.
- Serve with the guacamole and the sour cream.