This a really easy and quick pie. And if you love nuts and chocolate you will surely love it. We just used the nuts and chocolate we like but you could use whatever nuts or chocolate you prefer.
Ingredients Serves 8-10 Cooking time: 1 h
- 300 ml flour
- 200 ml muscovado sugar (I used a mix of dark and light muscovado sugar)
- 150 g butter
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200 ml cream
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 200 g nuts (I used walnuts and brazil nuts)
- 4 eggs
- Set oven to 175°C
- Mix the flour, 100 ml muscovado sugar, butter, vanilla sugar and baking powder. Use a food processor or by hand.
- Let the dough rest in the fridge for 20 mins.
- Chop the dark chocolate and the nuts finely. Save a handful of the nuts to put on top of the pie.
- Mix the chopped nuts and chocolate with the cream, eggs and 100 ml muscovado sugar.
- Roll out the dough and place it in a pie tin.
- Pre bake the pie crust in the oven for 10 mins.
- Take the pie crust out and pour in the nut and chocolate mix.
- Sprinkle some chopped nuts on top.
- Bake for 25 mins in the oven.
- Serve with some ice cream or whipped cream.