If you are training hard for several hours you need to fill up on energy. These rice cakes are perfect for your ride or any other longer training sessions. They will give you energy quickly and at the same time give you something really nice to eat. We make them to take on our long rides and since tomorrow we have a planned 100 km ride we made them today to bring with us tomorrow.
They really are delicious, and the mint and lemon juice really add flavour. You can of course use different ingredients, but this is a recipe inspired by Skratch Labs.
Ingredients Serves 12
Cooking time: 30 mins (+ time to cool in the fridge)
- 250 ml uncooked sticky rice
- 2 tbs brown sugar (or syrup)
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- 250 ml raspberries
- 10 mint leaves
- Cook the rice according to instructions.
- Chop the mint leaves.
- While the rice is warm, add the brown sugar, lemon juice and mint leaves and mix well.
- Let the rice cool down.
- When it is cool, take half of the rice and place in a tray.
We line the tray with cling film or baking paper to make it easier to remove the rice cakes.
- Press down on the rice firmly.
- Place the raspberries on top of the rice.
- Place the remaining rice on top and press down firmly.
- Cover the mixture and leave in the fridge over night.
- Cut your rice cakes.
- Wrap each cake in cling film.
- Put them in your pocket 🙂