We love pasta, as you probably know, but we don’t always love the idea of cooking a complicated sauce to go with it. That’s when this sauce is perfect! You only need three ingredients for the sauce: asparagus, lemon juice, and butter, and all you do is slice the asparagus and fry it in the butter and juice; simples 😀
This sauce is really zingy and fresh, and is perfect for brightening up your day, giving you a summery feeling, or as a lighter sauce when you don’t want too much.
Ingredients Serves 4
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 400 g asparagus spears
- 100 g butter
- 1 lemon (or juice of)
- salt and pepper
- 400 g pasta (or enough for four people)
- If you are making your own pasta, see the steps here. (Remember that making your own pasta will add to the overall cooking time.)
- Snap the asparagus where the white part transitions to green, throwing away the harder white part.
- Slice the asparagus very thinly. We do this using a peeler, but you could use a knife.
We usually start with the asparagus on a chopping board, but then find we need to run it through with our fingers once it gets very thin as the peeler can’t get closer to the chopping board.
- Cook your pasta. If cooking fresh pasta, start cook it when you add the lemon juice to the asparagus.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan on a medium-high heat.
- Add the sliced asparagus and fry until slightly soft.
- Add half the lemon juice and add salt and pepper to taste, and cook for a further 1-2 mins.
- Serve the pasta on a plate and place the asparagus on top, drizzling any butter and juice on top.
- Add some extra lemon juice, to make it more zingy. 🙂