Flapjack is an ideal snack, whether it be to have with a cup of tea or an on-the-go breakfast. And this recipe makes a delicious flapjack that is gluten free, vegan, and delicious! 😀
The recipe is incredibly quick, and the thing that takes the longest time is waiting for it to cool once it comes out the oven. You can easily adapt the recipe as well, to suit your own tastes or to vary things a little if you make them regularly.
Ingredients Serves 12-16 slices
Cooking time: 35 mins (plus time to cool down)
- 100 g coconut oil
- 100 g honey
- 1-2 tbs peanut butter
- 150 g oats
- 75 g nuts (we used 50 g coconut and 25 g almonds)
- 75 g dried fruit (we did 50:50 raisins and cranberries)
- Set oven to 175°C
- Put the coconut oil, honey, and peanut butter into a saucepan on a medium-high heat and stir regularly.
- Mix the dry ingredients (chop, crush, or blend your nut and fruit if desired) into a large mixing bowl.
- Once the liquid ingredients come to a boil, pour them into the mixing bowl and mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Line an oven-proof tray with some baking paper.
- Pour the mixture into the baking paper and press down firmly, using a rolling pin or your hands.
It is important to press the mixture firmly so that the flapjack doesn’t become too crumbly.
- Place the tray in the oven and cook for 25 minutes.
- Once done, take the tray out of the oven and leave the flapjack to cool in the tray.
- After a while (about 25 mins or more), take the flapjack out of the tray (it is easiest to take it out using the baking paper), and put on a cooling rack.