These corn pucks are incredibly delicious, and are something Jason had at a few lunch buffets at his work. After eating so many of them, he had to have the recipe so we could make them at home, and this is it 🙂
These pucks are great as the main part of a dinner, like we had tonight, or as a snack to have during your day, at a picnic, or even on the bike! You can adapt it as you like, to add different spices, but we think the original (from Chef Sofie Göransson) is still the best.
Ingredients Serves 4
Cooking time: 45 mins
- 2 clove of garlic
- 2 tsp chili flakes or chili powder
- 100 ml polenta
- 300 g cooked corn (on the cob or tinned)
- 2 eggs
- 300 ml crème fraîche
- 50 ml corn flour or corn starch
- 1 tbs sweet and sour sauce
- 1 kg beetroots
- 300 g potatoes
- Set oven to 225°C
- Peel the beetroots and wash the potatoes.
- Cut the beetroots and potatoes into thick slices. (About 1 cm is good.)
- Put a piece of baking paper on an oven-proof tray.
- Spread out the sliced vegetables onto the tray.
- Pour some oil over the vegetables and sprinkle a generous amount of salt and pepper on top.
- Put the tray in the oven and cook for 25-30 mins, until starting to brown.
- Finely chop the garlic.
- Put the garlic, 1 tsp chili flakes (or powder), 50 ml crème fraîche, the eggs, polenta, corn, and corn flour (or starch) and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put a frying pan on a medium-high heat with some oil.
- Put a spoonful of the mixture on the frying pan and flatten to make pucks. Repeat so you have a few pucks in the pan.
- Fry the pucks on each side for a few minutes, until golden and slightly firm. Repeat for all the mixture.
- Mix 250 ml crème fraîche, 1 tsp chili flakes (or powder) and 1 tbs sweet and sour sauce in a bowl as a dipping sauce.
- Put some beetroot, potatoes and pucks on a plate. Have some dipping sauce in a bowl to the side.