This pasta sauce is so easy to make, but it is so delicious. This is a pasta dish which will make you love every bite and wish you could go on eating for days 🙂
We had this with tricolore pasta, which is pasta that looks like the Italian flag: green, white, and red! The green pasta was spinach pasta, the white pasta was regular pasta, and the red pasta was beetroot pasta.
Ingredients Serves 4
Cooking time: 25
- 100 g walnuts
- 90 g fresh spinach leaves
- 40 g parmesan
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 100 ml cream
- 50 ml milk
- salt and pepper
- If you are making your own pasta, see the steps here. (Remember that making your own pasta will add to the overall cooking time.)
- Put the spinach, garlic, and parmesan in a food processor and mix well.
- Roast the walnuts in a frying pan until the walnuts start to toast and smell.
- Add them to the food processor and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the olive oil in a saucepan and add the mix.
- Fry the mix for a few minutes on a low heat.
- Add the cream and the milk and let the sauce boil for 5 mins on a low heat.
- Boil your pasta.
- Put some pasta on a plate and add some sauce.
- Sprinkle some walnuts on top.