Sometimes we find making our usual energy bars takes too long, so we need something quicker, especially if like today we needed bars for our run and ride but didn’t have any or much time to wait to make some. These raw food bars are perfect on this (and any other) occasion!
Raw food snacks seem to be very popular at the moment, and you can understand why: they are usually delicious and healthy to boot!
Ingredients Serves 6 bars
Cooking time: 1 hr 15 mins (15 mins to make plus 1 hr to cool in the fridge)
- 100 ml walnuts
- 100 ml pitted dates
- 100 ml dried fruits (raisins or cranberries work well)
- 100 ml shredded coconut (desiccated coconut works too, but take less)
- Toast the walnuts in a frying pan until warm throughout.
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor and mix well. (You don’t want any large chunks.)
- Line a small tray or box with clingfilm and pour the mix in.
- Flatten the mix making sure to make the bars firm.
- Put in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Cut into 6 bars. If you will not eat the bars straight away, they are best stored in the fridge.