This pie is extremely simple to make and incredibly delicious. Jason’s mum used to make him this type of pie when he lived in England and today he wanted that again 🙂 You can use whichever type of onion you like; leek, spring onion, red onion, and so on. The same goes for the cheese, but a mature cheese has more flavour.
Ingredients Serves 6
Cooking time: 70 mins
- 900 g of potatoes
- 1 leek
- 30 g butter
- 100 ml cream
- 50 g cheese
- 2 packets ready-made puff pastry
- 1 egg
- white pepper
- Set oven to 200°C
- Boil the potatoes until they are soft.
- Drain the potatoes.
- Chop the leek finely.
- Add the cream and butter to the potatoes.
- Mash the potatoes.
- Season accordingly with white pepper and salt.
- Add the chopped leek and mix it all together.
- Take an oven-proof dish, and brush it with oil to stop the pie from sticking to the dish.
- Put a layer of puff pastry (1 packet) on the bottom and sides of the dish.
- Spread an even layer of the mashed potatoes and leek on top of the pastry,
- Grate the cheese on top.
- Take the other puff pastry and put on top. (Alternatively you can lattice the pastry on top.)
- Brush the pastry with an egg.
- Put in the oven for 20-25 mins.