Today I decided to make something with mushrooms again for lunch. This time of the year it is one of the best things to cook with. I decided to use chanterelles. You can find so many chanterelles in the forests in Sweden right now.
Making this ravioli is fairly easy but it takes some time, which is perfect now that I have time off work (autumn break). This was the perfect lunch, so much flavour!
SInce Jason is still in Italy I need to eat as many mushrooms as possible before he comes back 🙂 (Jason is allergic).
Ingredients Serves 2
Cooking time: 50-60 mins
- 200 g flour
- 2 eggs
- 300 ml double cream
- 130 g chanterelles
- 10 vine tomatoes
- half a red onion
- 2 tbs flour (for the chanterelle stew)
- You need to make your own pasta, see the steps here. Remember to use less flour and eggs than it says in the pasta guide because we are making 200 g flour with 2 eggs.
- Cut the chanterelles in smaller pieces.
- Fry them in butter and then add 2 tbs of flour.
- Mix the flour into the chanterelles.
- Add 200 ml double cream and let it cook until it has become a thick mix for about 10 mins.
- Cut the tomatoes and put them in a saucepan with some olive oil.
- Chop the red onion and add it to the tomatoes.
- Fry the onion and the tomatoes until they are soft.
- Add 100 ml double cream to the tomatoes and onion, and add salt and pepper.
- Let your sauce cook on a low heat while you do the ravioli.
- Roll out your pasta using a pasta machine or a rolling pin.
- Make 2 sheets of pasta.
- Put one sheet on a wooden surface, dust it with flour before to keep your ravioli from sticking to the surface.
- Use a ravioli cutter or another round object to mark out where to put your filling.
- Put a teaspoon of filling on each marked roundel.
- Put the other sheet of pasta on top of your filled roundels.
- Use your ravioli cutter or a round object to cut out your ravioli.
- If you don’t use a ravioli cutter you need to make sure you squeeze the edges together to keep your filling from leaking when you cook the pasta.
- Boil up some salted water in a large saucepan.
- Cook your ravioli for 2-3 mins.
- Use a slotted spoon to take the ravioli out of the saucepan.
- Pour your tomato sauce on top of the ravioli.