Most people love pizza and so do we 🙂
One of the best pizzas we have ever eaten together is the one we had on Jeju, a small island south of South Korea, when we travelled there last year. We had been out cycling all day long and wanted something to eat. It was not easy to find anything that did not smell of fish but finally we found this cosy little cafe where they had snacks and pizzas! We were very tired and warm and the pizza tasted delicious. Just what we needed!
This recipe for vegetarian pizza is one we often use. We like to have it as simple as possible. Jason is in Genua at the moment and I am sure he is eating a lot of pizzas 🙂
What is so great with pizza is that you can just add what you have at home or what you are in the mood for eating that day.
Ingredients Serves 3
Cooking time: 35 mins (plus 30-50 mins for the pizza base preparation)
- 1 red onion
- 10 plum tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 pepper
- 100 g mozzarella cheese
- 300 g green olives
- 3 tbs capers
- half a red chili pepper
- 24 fresh basil leaves
- Tinned tomatoes
- 3 pizza bases (ingredients found here)
- Make your pizza base, see the steps here.
- Cut all your vegetables.
- Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce on the pizza. (We used tinned tomatoes this time, but making your own sauce adds even more flavour.)
- Add your toppings on top of the tomato sauce.
- Bake your pizza in the oven for at least 10 minutes.
- To get the bottom of your pizza a bit crunchy you can throw some water on the bottom of your oven to create steam.
- Take your pizza out the oven and sprinkle some salt, pepper, and olive oil on top.
- Add the fresh basil leaves.