We both love Asian food as you might already have figured out. Yesterday we wanted to make something with Asian flavours, but at the same time something easy and fresh. So, we made a simple salad with only a few ingredients. For the salad we made a really nice dressing with lots of flavour. Try it, so delicious!
This salad was really quick to make. You only cook three things, which only take a couple of minutes each to cook, so it’s just a case of chopping the other ingredients and quickly mixing the salad dressing. So simple, yet packed with flavour and freshness!
Ingredients Serves 4
Cooking time: 15-20 mins
- 200 g noodles
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 pepper
- 100 g sugar snap peas
- 200 g edamame beans
- 200 g peanuts
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Chili (a small amount is usually enough)
- 1 lime
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 3 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Boil some water and cook your noodles. When they are cooked, rinse them in cold water and put them aside.
- Put the peanuts in a heated frying pan and roast them until they are golden brown.
- If you use frozen edamame beans put them in a saucepan with some salted water, and put on a high heat.
- When the water starts boiling remove them from the heat and rinse instantly in cold water.
- Squeeze the beans out from their cases.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and sugar snap peas in half.
- Cut the pepper in smaller pieces.
- Put the tomatoes, pepper, sugar snaps, edamame beans, and noodles in a big bowl.
- Add the peanuts. (The peanuts are nice to have a bit warm in the salad.)
- Crush and finely chop the garlic cloves and chili, and put into a small bowl.
- Squeeze the lime juice into the bowl with the garlic and chili.
- Mix the rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, and sesame oil into the bowl with the lime juice, garlic, and chili to make the dressing.
- Pour the dressing on top of the salad and mix everything together.