Today when we came home from work we were both really tired, but at the same time we wanted to make something nice for dinner. Usually when we feel like this we cook something that doesn’t involve too many ingredients. Making your own pasta when you are feeling tired and just want to eat might not sound very tempting to most people, but since we know how nice it is to have fresh pasta we still make the effort. The longer you cook your sauce, the more flavour you get from it, so making the pasta really only adds an extra 5 min.
We started the sauce at the same time we started doing the pasta so the sauce could reduce for a while. If you have plenty of time, you can cook the sauce for longer and prepare the pasta later on.
Ingredients Serves 2
Cooking time: 35 min
- 200 g flour (fine flour)
- 2 eggs
- 1 red onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 300 g vine tomatoes
- 150 g olives
- 2 tbs capers
- olive oil
- Make your pasta dough and leave to rest, see the steps here.
- Chop the garlic and onion.
- Fry them in olive oil in a pan until soft (about 5 min).
- Cut the tomatoes in half and add them to the pan.
- Fry for a few more minutes before adding the tinned tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn down the heat and let the sauce reduce for at least 10 min.
- Add the chopped olives after about 5 min.
- Roll out your pasta sheets.
- Use either a pappardelle roller or fold the sheets and cut them into strips using a sharp tool.
- Put the capers in the sauce.
- Boil the pasta in a large pan of salted water for 2-3 min.
- Strain and rinse the pasta.
- Put the pasta back in the pan and stir with some olive oil.
- Serve the pasta in a bowl and add the sauce on top with some more olive oil and pepper.