A quick and easy pie full of flavour. Ready-made pastry makes this meal quick to prepare and cook. Served best with a fresh salad.
Ingredients Serves 6
Cooking time: 40 mins
- Pack of ready-made filo pastry
- 150 g spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 2 medium/large tomatoes
- 125 g mozzarella
- 80 g hard cheese (such as cheddar)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- Set the oven to 175°C
- Chop the garlic and onion, and fry on a medium heat with the spinach, until soft.
- Chop the mozzarella and tomatoes, and grate the hard cheese.
- Place two layers of filo pastry in a small oven-proof dish, allowing the pastry to overhang the dish (to be folded on top later).
- Mix the egg and brush onto the uppermost layer of pastry.
- Place another layer of pastry on top.
- Add the filling.
- Place two layers of filo pastry on top of the filling, ensuring to tuck it in on the sides.
- Brush with egg.
- Place one more layer on top and fold in the overhanging pastry.
- Brush some more egg on top, and place in the oven for 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.