A protein-rich lasagne that is still quite light at the same time. And it is even better the day after.
Ingredients Serves 8
Cooking time: 45 mins
- Pasta sheets (fresh or dried)
- Tinned tomatoes
- Cottage cheese
- Parmesan (or other cheese)
- If you are making your own pasta, see the steps here. (Remember that making your own pasta will add to the overall cooking time.)
- Cut the onions and garlic.
- Fry the onions and garlic until they are soft.
- Add the spinach and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and fry for 5-10 mins.
- Blanch the pasta sheets and dry each sheet with a tea towel before assembling.
- Assemble the pasta sheets at the bottom of the dish.
- Add a layer of filling.
- Layer more pasta sheets on top of the filling.
- Add another layer of filling.
- Add a final layer of pasta sheets.
- Top with parmesan.
- Place the lasagne in the oven and let cook for 25 mins.